The Lighthouse Restaurant
Simplicity & Sustainability
All Staff from the bottom to the top will be acutely aware of the need to adopt and impart these values when dealing with our suppliers and ultimately the customer
- We envisage a restaurant that is able to deliver visual vibrancy, along with flavours carefully designed to match and balance each plate of food offered.
- Our team of Chefs will source items personally to ensure full traceability and that each ingredient is fresh and sustainable.
- That every cut of meat is used from the finest Fillet, to cuts such as the cheek or belly. Be that Fish or Meat.
- Food Waste will be kept to a minimum. Every raw product will be used in its entirety. Recycling of bones for stock, breads for crumbing and vegetable off cuts. To name but a few.
- We will use experienced Mixologists and Baristas to bring flair and confidence.
- A pre requisite knowledge and enthusiasm of organic beverages.
- Utilising local breweries and their knowledge.
- Coffee beans sourced locally and roasted in house.
A seafood bar in the restaurant where you can watch chefs assembling platters of oysters, langoustines and sashimi.
Proud to show our working practices and confident in all our chefs abilities
All our Locally sourced meats will be hung and aged by ourselves to maximize tenderness and optimum flavours.
We will source our vegetables on a seasonal basis only. Where we believe that will give us a premium product with flavours that are natural and deeply developed.
Where products aren’t available, our menu will change to reflect this.
- Key members of staff will be strategically placed throughout each department. Ensuring consistency of our standards.
- We anticipate training many of our staff from a very basic level, be that college students looking to further their career path, or people from the local community looking for a rewarding career in a fast paced and innovative company.
- We will give ongoing in house training throughout, and support everyone who wishes to progress further with us.
We envisage a work force trained from within, via strong leadership. Clear goals and targets. And a clear vision of what we want our staff to achieve.
Going forward we see ourselves as a self sustainable operation from within our own company………….